Auto Air Conditioning Repair
Posted August 9, 2017
I’m sure many of you have had this happen to you. You’ve been driving your car all summer long using the car air conditioning to it’s fullest all the time. Then you park your car in the hot sun for the day, get in your car start it, only to find that your AC doesn’t work. Unfortunately you now need to get your auto AC fixed.
There are quite a few signs, other than what was mentioned above, that would show that you are in need of a car AC repair service. It’s deceptive, but true that a unit can keep producing cold air and have issues and be in need of repair.
Here are a few signs that may indicate you need your car AC checked out by an ASE certified technician:
– Air coming from unit isn’t as cold as it used to be
– Odd odor being emitted from AC vents
– AC unit is making louder than usual noise.
– A repeated clicking noise being emitted from under your hood when you turn on your vehicle AC or defroster
– The defroster itself doesn’t defrost your window like it once did
– Water on the passenger side compartment on the floor
– Cooling fan continually cycles on and off
If you do notice any of these symptoms occurring with your car, please have your car air conditioning unit served.
Of particular note is that if your car was last serviced previous to 1992, the Freon used then (CFC-12) is no longer used due to issues with ozone depletion. Older vehicles AC units can be converted to using the new refrigerant R-134a by converting the AC unit to take it.
Just like any other component on your car, it is important to have your auto ac unit repaired and serviced at regular intervals, or you will indeed run into problems. We recommend that you get it inspected prior to the hot summer months to prevent any issues you have with it before you really need it.
To ensure that the air conditioning for your car is in good running order, contact us online or call us at 303.344.4670 to schedule an appointment.
Categories: Auto Repair Aurora